Prince William, dressed by his Granny.
Breaking News: The Queen Chose Prince William's Wedding Attire
Prince William isn't even allowed to choose his own clothes. Who does? Her Majesty.
Being royal means you have some restrictions on your life, but did you know it also means your grandmother tells you what to wear on your wedding day?
Prince William has served in three armed forces and thought he could choose one of those uniforms, or a morning suit, to wear on his wedding day.
"I wanted to decide what to wear for the wedding," he said in a recent interview. "I was given a categorical: “No, you’ll wear this!" William was surprised when his grandmother, The Queen, ordered him to wear his Irish Guards uniform, the most senior of his commissions.
We think maybe she picked it so he would look the perfect Disney Prince.
Find this and more fun facts about The Queen in a new book, Our Queen, by Robert Hardman.
Share this story About the author Related Tags
Connect With The Morton Report
- Chaz Lipp, Music, Movies, Interviews
- Al Kooper, New Music for Old People
- Margaret Holder, Royal Family
- Skip Press, Scientology, Celebrity
- Matt Rowe, Music News, Reviews
- Jim Curtis, Books
- Bill Bentley, Bentley's Bandstand
- Anna Sampson
- Steve Eramo, Sci-Fi
- Charlotte Germane, Royalty, Gardens
- Michael Simpson, Home Entertainment Tech
- Bill Baker, Comics
- Neil Cossar, This Day In Music
- Nancy Perkins