- Articles: 4
- First: Feb 01, 2012
- Last: Feb 24, 2012
- « All Writers
Friday Feb 24, 2012 06:54 AM ET
That's a lot of self examination about age and a painter's human condition, which is what self-portraits are. Munch said it was a confession.
Friday Feb 17, 2012 39:32 PM ET
Hardly Scotty of the Antarctic, but my lone explorer thing took on I-may-be-sometime proportions. I was off to see Paullie’s late friend at Tate Britain, the Picasso and Modern British Art.
Wednesday Feb 8, 2012 55:00 AM ET
Most of us didn’t even know the painting had actually sold, although it was common knowledge that something was going on. That was last year. The then owner of The Card Players was Greek shipping magnate George Embiricos. He hadn’t long to live and wanted the Cezanne to go.
Wednesday Feb 1, 2012 35:00 PM ET
Freud died last year. Every time I look at one of his portraits I remembering him saying that he was only trying to do what he couldn’t do.
Connect With The Morton Report
- Chaz Lipp, Music, Movies, Interviews
- Al Kooper, New Music for Old People
- Margaret Holder, Royal Family
- Skip Press, Scientology, Celebrity
- Matt Rowe, Music News, Reviews
- Jim Curtis, Books
- Bill Bentley, Bentley's Bandstand
- Anna Sampson
- Steve Eramo, Sci-Fi
- Charlotte Germane, Royalty, Gardens
- Michael Simpson, Home Entertainment Tech
- Bill Baker, Comics
- Neil Cossar, This Day In Music
- Nancy Perkins