We don't know about you, but not only were we upset that Moby suffered an electric shock that knocked him off his feet during a show in Amsterdam, but that onlookers thought it was part of the show. Any card-carrying Moby fan knows that the descendant of Herman Melville has absolutely no sense of humor and wouldn't feign falling down.
It's particularly excruciating to watch a bevy of photographers clicking off photos of the prone musician. The upshot, after being unconscious for about 15 seconds, he got up and continued the show with a towel draped over his neck. Here's what the diminutive musician had to say to reassure fans on his website:
"Yes, I was mildly electrocuted during an acoustic show at the Reflex Gallery in Amsterdam. But I'm feeling a-ok now. Maybe I even had some accidental electro shock therapy. Thanks for your concern."
He later tweeted: "Thanks for coming to the acoustic show. I apologize for being electrocuted. Damn. Being electrocuted in the neck kind of hurts. Ah well, feeling much better. Glad it wasn't worse. God bless Tesla." He didn't mean the band.